NLAA is inviting former track and field athletes and interested parents to attend a free Introduction to Officiating - Throwing Events. The clinics will provide an overview of the different field events and will introduce participants to various tasks performed by officials. The official's clinic will review basic competition rules and best practices for throwing events. The workshop will start indoors and will follow with outside session. Please come prepared with a coat and appropriate footwear. Dress for comfort and light activity.
We encourage parents of athletes involved in track and field, to register for the clinic so you can be of assistance at the meets. Officials play a vital role in ensuring fair competition and assisting athletes to achieve their best.
- Date: June 10, 2017
- Location: Pearlgate Track and Field Complex, Mount Pearl
- Session Starts: 9:30 am - 12:00 noon (arrive between 9:15am and 9:25am)
- Prerequisite: None
- Bring pen and paper to take notes.
- Registration fee: free
- The clinic is limited to the first 30 entries.
- Registration deadline: Friday, June 9.
Click here to register.