Friday, March 2, 2018
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
NLAA and the Provincial Legion Command selected a team of 17 athletes to represent Newfoundland and Labrador at the 2017 Legion National Youth Track & Field Championships. The NL Team will compete in the Midget (U16) & Youth categories (U18). The NL Legion Team was selected following the Legion Provincial Championships on Fri, Jul 7 - Sat, Jul 8, 2017.
The 2017 Legion National Youth Track & Field Championships, will take place in Brandon, Manitoba, from August 11 to 13, 2017.
For over fifty years The Royal Canadian Legion has supported Canada’s youth through training and competition in track and field. The Legion National Championships is Canada’s premier and only nationwide competition for the youth and midget category and are truly national in scale as the Legion supports provincial teams from all provinces and territories in Canada. This support is provided exclusively through funding provided by the members of the Legion.
- Gerard Power (Mount Pearl)
- Chelsea Sellers (St. John's)
- Derrick Pittman (Gander)
- Trudy Pittman (Gander)
- Camryn Bonia (St. John's)
- Holly Brochu (Point Au Mal)
- Nick Butt (Stephenville)
- Emily Foley (St. John's)
- Josh Hamilton (St. John's)
- Emberley Johnson (Paradise)
- Michael Johnson (Paradise)
- Brooke Ledevehat (Mount Pearl)
- Shae Ledevehat (Mount Pearl)
- Alison Leroux (Gander)
- Kai Manuel (CBS)
- Denver McConnell (Point au Mal)
- Levi Moulton (Paradise)
- Chris Peacock (St. John's)
- Molly Pomeroy (St. John's)
- Olivia Ryan (Burin Bay Arm)
- Charlie Summers (Torbay)
- Caitriona Bonia (St. John's)
- Katie McDonald (Gander)
- Alexander Pittman (Gander)
- Ryan Pryor (Gander)
The Royal Canadian Legion, Track and Field program, is a nationally sanctioned program culminating in a national track & field camp and a national championship for Canadian youth between the ages of 13 and 17. The Royal Canadian Legion, Track and Field program, is divided into two sections - a three-day meet and an educational and technical clinic. In 2007, a coaching academy was also included in the program.
Monday, July 10, 2017
Forty-one athletes across this province have been selected to the team to compete at the 2017 Games in Winnipeg, Manitoba, July 27 - August 5.
2017 Canada Games Athletics Staff:
- Head Coach: Jennifer Stender (St. John's)
- Coach: John Gamble (St. John's)
- Coach: Rosemary Forsey (Kippens)
- Coach: George Stanoev (St. John's)
- SO manager Stephen Connolly (St. John's)
- SO attendant Colleen Ryan (St. Philip's)
- SO attendant Clinton Kerfont (Red Brook)
- Para manager Margaret Tibbo (St. John's)
- Para attendant Dita Gracewood
- Para attendant Patrick Henderson
Athletes selected to the 2017 Canada Games Team:
- Barnes, Chantal (St. John's) - 400m, 800m, 4x400m Relay
- Boland, Jennifer (St. John's) - 100m, 200m, 4x100m Relay
- Bonia, Camryn (St. John's) - 400m, 800m, 4x400m Relay
- Brace, Jenny (Mount Pearl) - 1500m
- Brochu, Holly (Point Au Mal) - High Jump
- Butler, Cheryl (Paradise) - Triple Jump
- Chan, Nicole (St. John's) - Long Jump, Triple Jump, 4x100m Relay
- Deshpande, Harshal (St. John's) - 4x100m Relay
- Elliott, Charlotte (Stephenville) - Javelin Throw
- Evelley, Pjeter (Gambo) - Shot Put
- Foley, Emily (St. John's) - Heptathlon
- Greeley, Jessica (Portugal Cove-St. Philip's) - Special Olympics: 100m, 200m
- Hamilton, Josh (St. John's) - 100m, 400m, Long Jump, 4x100m Relay
- Harding, Mykenzi (St. John's) - 100m, 200m, 4x100m Relay
- Hayward, Erica (Mount Pearl) - Long Jump, 4x100m Relay
- Hicks, Cori (Flat Bay) - wheelchair: 200m, 400m
- Holley, Paul (Mount Pearl) - 4x400m Relay
- Howley, Julia (St. John's) - 1500m, 4x400m Relay
- Johnson, Michael (Paradise) - 400mH, 4x400m Relay
- Jones, Jeremy (St. John's) - wheelchair: 200m, 400m
- Kakoko, Jeremy (St.John's) - 4x100m Relay, 4x400m Relay
- Knight, Eric (St. John's) - 4x400m Relay
- Knight, Evan (St. John's) - 800m, 1500m
- Leawood, Stacey (St. John's) - 4x100m Relay, 4x400m Relay
- Ledevehat, Shae (Mount Pearl) - Heptathlon
- Moulton, Levi (Paradise) - 1500m, 5000m
- *Noble, Gavin (Middle Arm Gb) - Para: Shot Put, Discus Throw
- Noftall, David (St. John's) - Special Olympics: 100m, 200m
- Noseworthy, Matt (St. John's) - 5000m
- Peacock, Chris (St. John's) - 200m
- Pittman, Joseph (Spanish Room) - Decathlon
- Pomeroy, Molly (St. John's) - 4x400m Relay
- Power, Gerard (Mount Pearl) - 400m, 800m, 4x100m Relay, 4x400m Relay
- Rowsell, Mark (Corner Brook) - High Jump
- Ryan, Megan (Marystown) - 5000m
- Ryan, Olivia (Burin Bay Arm) - 4x100m Relay
- Walsh, Samantha (Stephenville) - Special Olympics: 100m, 200m
- White, Donovan (Stephenville) - High Jump, 4x100m Relay
- White, Katara (Stephenville) - Javelin Throw
- Wood, Andrew (St. John's) - 100m, 200m, 4x100m Relay
- Young, George (Stephenville Crossing) - 4x400m Relay
Follow us on Twitter:
- NLAA - @NLCGAthletics
- Team NL - #CGTeamNL
- Canada Games - #CGAthletics
For more information on the NLAA Canada Games program, please contact Jennifer Stender at email@example.com
Monday, June 5, 2017
NLAA is inviting former track and field athletes and interested parents to attend a free Introduction to Officiating - Throwing Events. The clinics will provide an overview of the different field events and will introduce participants to various tasks performed by officials. The official's clinic will review basic competition rules and best practices for throwing events. The workshop will start indoors and will follow with outside session. Please come prepared with a coat and appropriate footwear. Dress for comfort and light activity.
We encourage parents of athletes involved in track and field, to register for the clinic so you can be of assistance at the meets. Officials play a vital role in ensuring fair competition and assisting athletes to achieve their best.
- Date: June 10, 2017
- Location: Pearlgate Track and Field Complex, Mount Pearl
- Session Starts: 9:30 am - 12:00 noon (arrive between 9:15am and 9:25am)
- Prerequisite: None
- Bring pen and paper to take notes.
- Registration fee: free
- The clinic is limited to the first 30 entries.
- Registration deadline: Friday, June 9.
Click here to register.
Monday, March 27, 2017
Municipal Awards Categories
Deadline - 12:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 28, 2017:Mailed nominations must be postmarked by the above date. Nomination packages may be submitted via:
- In-person: Town Hall, 28 McNamara Drive or Paradise Double Ice Complex, 1 Sarah Davis Way
- Mail: Awards Selection Committee, c/o Pat Silver, 28 McNamara Drive, Paradise NL A1L 0A6
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2017 Town of Paradise Municipal Awards will be presented during Volunteer Appreciation Week at the Paradise Double Ice Complex.
What you need to know:
Monday, February 20, 2017
A small contingent of NL athletes, members of Pearlgate Track and Field Club, took part in the Hershey Indoor Youth / Junior Championships, February 18-19th, Montreal, Quebec.
Congratulations to all athletes on their outstanding performances, including winning a bronze medal and setting several personal best performances.
Camryn Bonia 3rd in youth girls 800m (2:19.73);8th in youth girls 400m (1:02.17);
Emily Foley 4th in youth girls Indoor Pentathlon (2424pts) (60mH 11.20; HJ 1.38; SP 9.79; LJ 3.96; 800m 2:36.48)
Shae Ledevehat 10th in youth girls Indoor Pentathlon (1822pts) (60mH 11.14; HJ 1.44; SP 10.85; LJ 3.34; 800m DNF)
Molly Pomeroy 12th in youth girls 400m (1:03.49); 19th in youth girls 200m (27.82)
Mark Ford 16th in youth boys 400m (57.71); 27th in youth boys 200m (26.44)
Friday, November 18, 2016
Please take a moment to fill out the 2016 Athletics Canada Road Running Survey. These questions allow us to learn more about Canadian runners and to provide a better experience for you in 2017. As a thank you, you can receive a coupon for 15% off atshop.athletics.ca that is good until December 31, 2016.