Municipal Awards Categories
· Junior Male Athlete of the Year (18 years & under)
· Junior Female Athlete of the Year (18 years & under)
· Male Athlete of the Year (19 years & older)
· Female Athlete of the Year (19 years & older)
· Coach of the Year
· Youth of the Year (18 years & under)
· Volunteer of the Year
· Volunteer Group of the Year
· Citizen of the Year
· Business Excellence
· Property Pride
Deadline - 12:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 28, 2017:Mailed nominations must be postmarked by the above date. Nomination packages may be submitted via:
- In-person: Town Hall, 28 McNamara Drive or Paradise Double Ice Complex, 1 Sarah Davis Way
- Mail: Awards Selection Committee, c/o Pat Silver, 28 McNamara Drive, Paradise NL A1L 0A6
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2017 Town of Paradise Municipal Awards will be presented during Volunteer Appreciation Week at the Paradise Double Ice Complex.
Only completed nomination packages will be considered for awards. A complete nomination package includes:
· Completed Nomination Form, which must include the name and signature of a nominator and a seconder
· Information on why you are nominating the individual, group, or business, including why he/she/they deserve to be recognized with an award. The information should be provided in a separate, typed document, attached to the nomination form.
Separate nomination packages must be complete if an individual and / or group is being nominated for more than one award category.
What you need to know:
All accomplishments noted in the nomination must have taken place between January 2016 and December 2016.
All Nominees must be current residents (groups or businesses) of the Town of Paradise, and must have resided within the Town for a minimum of six (6) months prior to the deadline for nomination
The official Nomination Form must be completed and signed by both the Nominator and Seconder, neither of which may be immediate members of the Nominee's family. Separate Nomination Forms and Nominators are required if an individual, group or business is to be nominated for more than one award.
Information contained on the Nomination Form and attached sheets will be the basis of the Awards Selection Committee's decision. All decisions of the Awards Selection Committee are final. Members of the immediate family of the Awards Selection Committee will not be eligible for awards.
Residents of the Town of Paradise taking part in relevant activities outside the Town are considered eligible for awards. Volunteer, Youth, and Citizen of the Year will be predominately based on Town activities.
The final decision will take into account the calibre of activities (re: National, Provincial, Regional and local).
Recreation Technician (Special Events)
Recreation & Leisure Services
1 Sarah Davis Way
Paradise, NL, A1L 0A6