2014 NLAA Student Summer Employment Opportunity(Supported by: The Canada Summer Jobs Program - Government of Canada and NLAA)
NLAA has an immediate 9 week Summer Student job opening.
Job Position: Track and Field Program/Event Coordinator
Length of Employment: 9 weeks
Starting Date: Monday, June 9, 2014
Ending Date: Friday, August 8, 2014
Program (Federal Govt) requirements for all applicants:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as a full-time post-secondary student in the previous academic year (2013/14) and intends to enroll or return to post-secondary school on a full-time basis in the next academic year (2014/15);
- be Canadian citizens, permanent resident or persons on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations; and
- Not be a family member or related to members of the NLAA Board of Directors or Staff.
- The Program/Event Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating variety of programs and services to enhance the development of Athletics and the NLAA.
- Direct delivery of the Hershey Track and Field Program.
- Assisting in preparation for the Annual Tely 10 Road Race.
- Coordinate volunteers and officials for track and field events.
- Other administrative duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Hours per Day/Week: 7 hrs per day / 35 hrs per week / 9 week duration Salary: $12.00 per hr.
Job Location:NLAA Office, 1296 A Kenmount Rd, Paradise NL A1L 1N3
Pearlgate Track and Field Complex, Mount Pearl
Application Process:Please submit a covering letter of application along with a resume and 2 references to:
NLAA Office, 1296 A Kenmount Rd, Paradise NL A1L 1N3
Application Deadline: Friday, June 6, 2014-4 PM