Funding now available for the We are coaches program!
The Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Women in Coaching program, has offered a “We are Coaches” program since 2005 to assist in meeting its objective of increasing the number of coaching and leadership opportunities for women at all levels of sport. The specific objective of We are Coaches is to recruit, train, and retain women coaches and leaders in community sports by providing encouragement, best practice models, case studies, templates, and financial support.
This year the program will include all sports that have CAC approved, NCCP programs in the following contexts:
· Community Sport – Initiation
· Instruction – Beginners
· Competition – Introduction
Funding up to $1,500* is available for:
· Sport-specific, women-only, CAC-approved workshops in the above contexts; and/or
· The hosting and/or support by NSOs, P/TSOs or clubs, to women who wish to become Learning Facilitators and/or Evaluators.
“Women-only” training sessions enable the Learning Facilitator to tackle the specific realities that women face in coaching, and to create a climate of confidence and openness for the women that attend. This initiative is not only about training -- it is also about increasing the number of coaching and leadership opportunities for women at ALL levels of sport.
To be eligible for a We are Coaches grant:
· Sports applying must have an under-representation of women in coaching;
· The workshop must be hosted on, or prior to March 31, 2012;
· The host organization must submit a report and participant list with contact information for research purposes to receive the grant;
· The host must submit a copy of a Course Register Form (CRF) to CAC. All successful participants will be registered in the NCCP database.
* The host organization can receive a grant of up to $1,500 upon completion of the workshop, submission of the report and CRF to CAC. Preference will be given to sports hosting workshops with female learning facilitators.
If your application is approved, you will receive an information package and templates to assist with the promotion and delivery of the workshop. Please contact Isabelle Cayer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To complete an application please click on the link: