Coaching Education Night - Wednesdays - Swiler’s Complex Multi-purpose Room
1) Podium Series - Online Webinar: “Making Sense of the Commercial Sports Food Scene” (This Webinar will provide an overview of appropriate fueling before, during and after exercise, and focus on popular commercial sport foods. Topics include sport/energy drinks, gels, energy bars, protein bars and their role in enhancing athletic performance.) - Wednesday Oct. 12th (7:00pm-8:15pm)
To register for this series please go to the following link: http://www.humankinetics.com/upcoming-webinars/upcoming-webinars/register-now-making-sense-of-the-commercial-sports-food-scene
2) Podium Series - “Concussions in Sport” with Krista Mullaly-Dobbin (Athletic Therapist) - Wednesday Oct. 19th (7:00pm-8:15pm)
3) Fundamental movement skills - “Learning Facilitator Refresher” – with Simon Blanks, Wednesday Nov. 2nd (7:00pm-9:00pm)
4) Podium Series - “Why Changing the Way I Coach Could Net Better Results” with Bill Taggart - Wednesday Nov. 16th (7:00pm-8:15pm)
5) Fundamental Movement Skills – Wednesday Nov. 23rd (7:00pm-9:00pm)
Introduction to Competition – Part A Courses:
Topics include: Making Ethical Decisions, Nutrition for the Athlete, and Practice Planning
1) St. John’s: Saturday Nov. 12th (9:00am-5:00pm) & Sunday Nov. 13th (9:00am-12:00pm) – Swiler’s Complex, Crosbie Road
2) Gander: Friday Oct. 14th (6:00pm-9:00 pm) & Saturday Oct. 15th (9:00am-5:00 pm) – Gander Community Centre
3) Corner Brook: Friday Oct. 14th (6:30-9:30pm) & Saturday Oct. 15th (9:00am-5:00pm) - Location TBA
4) Happy Valley-Goose Bay: Saturday Dec. 3rd (9:00am-5:00pm) & Sunday Dec. 4th (9:00am-12:00pm) – Location TBA
Introduction to Competition – Part B Courses:
Topics include: Mental Preparation, Teaching and Learning, and Designing a Basic Sport Program
1) St. John’s: Saturday Dec. 3rd (9:00 am-5:00pm) & Sunday Dec. 4th (9:00am-12:00pm) – Swiler’s Complex, Crosbie Road
2) Gander: Saturday Nov. 5th (9:00am-5:00pm) & Sunday Nov. 6th (9:00am-12:00pm) – Gander Community Centre
3) Corner Brook: Friday Nov. 18th (6:30pm-9:30 pm) & Saturday Nov. 19th (9:00am-5:00 pm) – Location TBA
4) Happy Valley-Goose Bay: Saturday Jan. 14h (9:00am-5:00pm) & Sunday Jan. 15th (9:00am-12:00pm) – Location TBA
1) Leading Drug Free Sport – Wednesday Oct. 26th (6:00pm–9:30pm) with Patti Thorne – Swiler’s
2) Conflict Management – Wednesday Nov. 2nd (6:00 pm–9:30 pm) with Jill Brewer – MUN
3) Coaching and Leading Effectively – Nov. 19th (9:00am-5:00pm) with Jill Brewer - MUN
4) Developing Athletic Abilities – Wednesday Nov. 26th (9:00am-5:00pm) with Patti Thorne – MUN
To register for courses/sessions in your area, please email the following respective individuals:
1. Western, Corner Brook - Dave Carroll at email@example.com
2. Central, Gander - Jean Blackie at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Labrador, Happy Valley-Goose Bay - Trevor Paine at email@example.com
4. Avalon - St. John's – Bruce Knox at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for Coach Education Night (Wednesday sessions), email Bruce Knox at email@example.com by no later than 4:00 p.m. on the Tuesday preceding the Wednesday night session.
To register for weekend courses, please email the individuals above in your respective area by 4:00 p.m. on the Wednesday preceding the weekend course.
For questions on the above information or coaching specific questions, please contact Dave Feener by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (709)729-6291.
All courses are free of charge!
By: Coaching NL in partnership with the Department of Tourism, Culture and Recreation and Sport NL