- Up to four (4) staff members will be selected for each regional team - two coaches and two managers, two of which will be male and two female staff.
- These are volunteer positions and carry no remuneration.
- All coaches, managers and attendants must be at least 19 years of age as of December 31, 2012.
- All coaches must be trained to at least NCCP SPORT COACH or Level 1 Technical in Athletics. Familiarity with the various disciplines in track and field is desirable.
- Coach applicants that are not yet trained in SPORT COACH can attend the Sport Coach course on May 4-6 in Mount Pearl.
- All applicants may be required to complete a police background check.
- All selected staff members are required to reside in the Athletes' Village during the Games.
- Coaches and Managers must agree to abide by the NLAA policies and Newfoundland and Labrador Games Code of Conduct.
- Coaches and managers must have proven abilities to work with athletes in the age group under consideration - ages 11-18 (born 1994 through 2001)
Some of the Duties and Responsibilities for MANAGER and COACH include:
- Ensure that all team members are registered members of the NLAA
- Register regional teams with the Games organizing committee
- Register team members for the competition part of the Games
- Organization, planning and execution of athlete Regional Qualifying meet to be held in June/July, 2012.
- Select regional team members.
- Organization, planning and execution of training from June to August, 2012.
- Coaching and supervision of the team during the NL Summer Games 2012, in addition to travel to and from the event.
- Act as the regional Representative for respective region for communication between the NL Games Organizing Committee, NLAA and region.
The closing date for all positions will be May 1, 2012.
Additional information is available by contacting the NLAA Provincial Office at (709) 576-1303 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for any of our open positions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Position you are applying for: Coach or Manager
- Region: St. John's/North / Mount Pearl/South / Avalon / Eastern / Central / Western / Labrador / Host Region
- Current NCCP Status: Coaching Certification; Highest Level Completed; Certification Passport Number