To register for the following courses, please contact Bill Taggart (firstname.lastname@example.org, 576-4979).
1. Empower+ (Professional Development)
When/Where/Time: Wednesday, April 24, Sport NL Building (1296A Kenmount Road), 6:00pm-10:00pm
4-hour workshop that will teach you how to enhance the well-being of the athletes in your care and be a positive role model in the world of sport. In an interactive and dynamic learning environment, our expert facilitators will guide you through how to enhance athlete welfare by:
- Recognizing the potential for, and presence of maltreatment in sport;
- Learning when and how to intervene when you observe or suspect maltreatment.
You will also:
- Implement the NCCP's renowned six-step decision-making model;
- Master the art of the difficult conversation; and
- Create a list of key positive athlete development strategies you can implement in your coaching right away.
2. Coaching and Leading Effectively (Competition Development)
When/Where/Time: Sunday, April 28, Sport NL Building (1296A Kenmount Road), 9:00am-5:00pm
Target: Instructors, Competition Coaches
- promote a positive image of sport, and model it to athletes and those supporting their performance
- deliver clear messages and explanations when communicating with athletes and their supporters;
- identify opportunities to interact with all athletes and use feedback to improve and correct performance and behaviour.
Project Leader- Canadian Sport 4 Life
Phone: (709) 576-4979
Fax: (709) 576-7493
1296A Kenmount Road